Confidence & self Esteem
Self-esteem is the way you feel about yourself. Lots of things can lower our self-esteem, such as a relationship break-up, not getting the job you wanted or putting on weight. None of these things makes us worth less, but it can feel that way.
"My Options counsellor was really friendly and didn't judge me. The staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable"Peter
Most people think that self esteem means self-confidence, and although self-confidence is related, it’s not the same. ‘Esteem’ actually comes from a latin word that means to estimate – how you estimate yourself. Low self esteem is quite common in today's society and may also lead to feeling depressed.
Symptoms may include
- feeling tired a lot of the time
- having little motivation to get things done
- feeling bored with life and feeling you don't have much to look forward to
- thinking a lot about yourself and wishing your life was better
- thinking negatively about your abilities and possible opportunities
- feeling like a failure or feeling hopeless and depressed
There are many strategies and techniques available to build self esteem and self confidence.
Help and Support
To find out more information or to book an appointment with a counsellor here to help you or someone you who know who is suffering with Confidence and Self Esteem.